A Pudding Recipe for Any Ocassion
There is nothing better like a good comforting homemade dessert after a good meal. This is why Great Harvest, Nashua, NH
has a delicious orange with high 5 Fiber bread pudding recipe that you are sure to love.
Butter, for the pan
Great Harvest High 5 Fiber bread
6 large eggs
3/4 cup of sugar
4 cups whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Zest of two oranges
Ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9-by-5-inch glass loaf pan or an 8-inch square glass baking pan.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk until blended. Add the sugar then, whisk until they become smooth. (At this point you need to make sure to whisk really well or else you'll end up with scrambled eggs in the oven.)
- Add the milk, vanilla and salt and keep whisking until completely blended. Pour the custard through a fine mesh sieve into another bowl and whisk in the orange zest.
- Put the slices of Great Harvest High 5 Fiber bread in the pan, making sure to cut them to make them fit into it. Pour the custard evenly over the bread until filling the dish to the top of the pan. Let it sit for 15 minutes so that the bread absorbs the custard.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake until set (usually about one hour to one hour and five-teen minutes). Take it out of the oven, let it cool for ten minutes then enjoy!
Fresh Bread in Nashua
If the above recipe has got your taste buds tingling, then head into Great Harvest, Nashua, NH
for the freshest bread in Nashua
. Give us a call on 603 881 4422
and ask about the freshly baked treats we have for you today.